Services - Junkware Removal
The process of removing the malware, spyware, and excess data that slows down your computer is a careful process that takes a bit of research and time.
- First, the computer gets started from a power-off state and is timed on how long it takes it to reach the login screen, then it is timed on how long it takes for it to reach the desktop.
- The web browsers used (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc) get their bookmarks backed up elsewhere on your hard drive. If it's necessary to set the browser to its default settings, your bookmarks and passwords may get lost. If you have a strong concern about your privacy you can do this process yourself. However, Digit-Detox is not liable if the resetting the browsers to their default state is necessary and you have not backed up your bookmarks and/or your passwords. You also have the option of choosing Digi-Detox to backup either or both.
- The known list of programs installed on your PC is searched. Any known, troublesome applications or toolbars get manually deleted, followed by unknown programs that may pose a threat or are under suspicion to be the cause of your PC's issues.
- Further investigation is manually performed with services and processes being inspected.
- A series of passes by various software programs detect and remove any malware, spyware, or junkware that cause performance issues or slow downs with your computer.
- A reboot is performed to check the operation of your computer checking for any repetitive issues, traces of junkware left behind, or odd behavior due to the removal of harmful programs and coding. A file check is performed and the browser bookmarks are then restored.
- Finally, the latest hardware drivers for your computer are downloaded and installed, your computer is rebooted, then one last test is performed.